Product / As I Am Naturally Coconut Cowash
Details / Cleansing conditioner which removes product residue and preserves moisture.
Price / £10 - £12.99
Rating / 10/10
I can easily say that the As I Am Naturally Coconut Cowash is one of my top 5 must have favourites. If this product came in a form of a man I would marry him, because I can’t leave without it. Trust me when i say this stuff is AWESOME!
- It thoroughly cleanses my hair and scalp and always leaves my hair moisturised and feeling soft.
- It has a sweet, fruity smell which is amazing.
- If you suffer with dry scalp then this stuff is perfect for you. As it’s a conditioner it won’t strip your hair/scalp like shampoos, so it leaves your hair/scalp moisturised.
- Washing with two textures can make detangling quite difficult but this product provides enough slip to make detangling a breeze.
- I apply lots of oil throughout the week so a good cleansing is well needed by the end of it. This does the job perfectly.
- It does give you a nice lather but not as much as a shampoo, which is great as it means that it's not stripping your hair of it's moisture.
- Works safely with keratin treatments
• Quite expensive for a conditioner
What is cowashing?
Cowashing means "conditioner washing" aka cleansing your hair with conditioner rather than shampoo. This is a gentler way of cleaning as conditioners don't contain harsh stripping sulfates, and adds the right amount of hydration to strands which cuts down on frizz.
How often do you use it?
I simply cowash my hair once a week. Within a month I would cowash my hair 3 times and then use a clarifying or protein shampoo once a month to cleanse my hair and scalp of any buildup.
What is your washing regimen like?
- Pre-poo (this refers to applying oils and/or a conditioner to my hair hours before shampooing)
- Cowash (shampoo once a month)
- Deep Condition/Protein treatement
- Moisturise (leave in conditioner, oils and moisturiser)
- Blow Dry